September is in full bloom, this week schools are going to open after the usual long summer break ( about 3 months of holiday, it could sound strange abroad) and my son Lorenzo in three days is going to be a primary school boy.
Even if we cared a lot about introducing this new step with joy, trying to instill in him curiosity, he only got he’s going to hell or somewhere similar, he’s not going to have any friend and he will fail the year for sure.
It’s great having such a bright and positive son.
He’s harassing himself and us, these three days will be very long, I hope he will discover school is not this bad.
A thought for teachers too, they don’t know what, well who, is going to happen.
Comfort ourselves with these rolls, among my favourite cold appetizers.
You can make them a day in advance, one leads to another, writing about it makes me hungry.
Pictures are awful, I have no excuses apart, if it counts, lack of inspiration.
Try them anyway, you will like them!
- 3 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tabsp milk
- 1 bunch arugula
- 5,30 oz spreadable goat's cheese (made with cow's milk if you want a lighter taste)
- 4 oz sliced bresaola (italian cold cuts made of beef)
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk.
- Grease and heat a pan of about 11 inches diameter, pour half of the eggs.
- Spread it likeit's a crepe, on a thin layer, cook on both sides.
- Do the same with the other half of eggs.
- Put the omelette on a plate, spread it with cheese, cover it with bresaola slices then add some chopped arugula.
- Do this with both the omelettes then roll them very tight and close in cling film.
- Store in fridge untill ready to serve ( minimum 2 hours) then cut rolls tall about 1/2 inch.
- These omelette are quite delicate, pay attention when you turn them, they broke easily: if it happens no worries, try again!
- If you can't find bresaola or it's too pricey you can use other beef's cold cuts or ham or speck ham.
[…] If you need some more suggestions why not check my feta cheese, pesto and pine nuts plum- cakes, or my tuna and potado patties, or my omelette rolls with goat cheese. […]