Back again with a recipe, so long but time runs, tasks are stockpiling, holidays are too near as I didn’t think of almost a single present.
No Christmas tree on, I forgot the advent calendar for my young boy…
I’m not feeling the Christmas spirit this year, not at all not because I’m somehow sad but because I have no time for it. 🙁
To write a single post I need at least a week, dropping a phrase or two at time, then there is something I cannot avoid to do.
I also have few recipes to make for collaborations so I have some mandatory Italian posts to put on, I don’t know if I’ll find the time to translate them at the same time as I usually do but I can give you a sneak peak of the next recipes:
drunken gingerbread men ( with beer)
tuna and potado patties
vegan soy cream biscuits
What do you think?
Are you hungry? 🙂
Let’s come to the recipe of the day: this is a very rich side dish, perfect for holidays.
The sweetness of pumpkin plus the savouryness of blue cheese, the smell of Rosemary and the crunchyness of hazelnuts: who cannot love it?
At first I used too less salt, I was worried blue cheese was already too salty but I was wrong, a pinch of salt is needed, black pepper fits in very well too.
I love the crunchy top from the crumble with the soft of the roasted pumpkin.
I think it’s so festive…It would have been nice for Thanksgiving too but I’m pretty late. 😛
- 1/2 butternut squash (the part with no seed cavity which can be sliced well)
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 1.4 oz breadcrumbs
- 1 oz toasted and crushed hazelnuts
- 2 branches rosemary
- to taste salt and pepper
- Peel the squash and cut in thin slices (pay attention with knife as the squash is pretty hard). Roast slices on a hot skillet or grill for a couple of minutes on each side.
- In a bowl put blue cheese, breadcrumbs, chopped rosemary needles and hazelnuts, mix with a fork until you have a crumbly dough. Adjust salt and pepper, you may need less or more breadcrumbs, it depends on how creamy is blue cheese.
- Put the squash slices on a baking tray, put a spoonful of crumble on each one, bake for about 15 minutes at 360°F or untill the crumble is crispy. Serve hot or warm.