Welcome back to my Cookie Advent Calendar!
Finding 25 different cookies to post has been very challenging as I neither didn’t want to make too similar recipes nor use recipes I already had on blog.
It asked a lot of efforts and work but I am very proud of what I’ve done, so much I’m already thinking about a different Advent Calendar for the next year, not sure about what ( no more cookies for a long time lol!).
The saffron and rhum shortbread biscuits are a fine addition to your homemade Christmas gift as they can last for days as good as fresh and they are so nice to see!
Sorry for the short posts but it’s hard to find something new to say posting everyday! 😀
Saffron and rhum shortbread biscuits.
- 300 g plain flour
- 125 g butter
- 125 g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bag saffron powder
- 1 espresso cup rhum
- Beat soft butter, sugar and yolk then add saffron, salt and rhum.
- Mix well and add sifted flour, knead briefly and wrap in cling film, let it rest in fridge for about 2 hours.
- Roll the dough on a slightly floured surface and print shapes with a cookie cutter.Do not knead together leftover, just stack them one over another and roll again the dough until you finish it.
- Put cookies on a baking tray and let them rest in fridge for 30 minutes then bake at 356°F/ 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Store in a tin box for 4-5 days.