I’m all alone this week end so I turned on the tv to watch Crossing lines ( I’m watching the 9th episode right now) then I turned on the oven and baked a little.
I had these cookies on my bucket list for a while, this week I’m going to attend a couple of Christmas parties so I decided it was time to act.
It’s 11.15 pm so I have to cut the blog post, I only want to say this recipe comes from my lovely mother-in-law Daniela.
- 8 oz dark chocolate
- 3 oz butter
- 1.4 oz all purpose flour
- 1/2 teasp baking powder
- 1/2 teasp kosher salt
- 2 teasp instant coffee
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz caster sugar
- 6 oz dark chocolate drops
- 7 oz roughly chopped walnuts
- Melt dark chocolate with butter using microwave or bain marie, let it cool a little.
- In a bowl beat, with an electric whisk, eggs, sugar and instant coffee.
- Add melted chocolate to eggs, always whisking, then flour, baking powder, salt.
- When you have a thick mixture add chocolate drops and walnuts, stir well.
- Put spoonfuls of dough on a baking tray, a little bit bigger than a walnut shell.
- Bake at 300°F for 10-15 minutes.
- When hot these cookies are very very soft, do not touch them untill completely cool.