After a wonderful but rainy week end in Ljubljana I’m back, not rested but happy! 🙂
Douring the next weeks I’ll have no time to cook and take pictures but I have photos of this and three more recipes so I only have to write.
While I was away I became, for the first time, an aunt: I’m so happy and I want to congratulate Francesca and Pietro and the small and beautiful Samuele.
To celebrate I promised the new mum a luxury, all chocolate cake made by the Pastry Queen 2012 Sonia Balacchi, of course I’m looking forward to eat it too!
Waiting for this delice I give you the recipe of a very tasty savoury pie made with pumpkin.
- 10.5 oz flour
- 3.5 oz water
- 9 oz butter
- 18 oz pumpking pulp, oven roasted
- 3.5 oz bacon in stripes
- 1 tabsp butter
- 5.6 oz cheese (taleggio, cheddar or other)
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix flour and soft butter till crumbly, add water and knead untill you have a soft dough.
- Cover in cling film and set in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Sautee pumpking pulp, mashed with a fork, with butter.
- Add nutmeg, cook for a couple of minute then add cheese in small dices.
- In another pan fry bacon, let it become gold but not too crunchy.
- Take bacon off its grease and cut in chunks.
- When pumpkin mix is warm add eggs, one at time.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the pastry to cover a big round tin or 8 small cocottes.
- Pour in the filling, add some pastry decorations if you like then bake for about 25 min. at 356°F.
- This pie is great warm.
- Pastry dose is generous, it's enough to cover a 11 inches diameter mould and make some decorations on top.
- If it's too much you can freeze it.