First Christmas recipe here on blog, it’s only 5 of December and I’m feeling already late.
This eggnog liquor is an home classic, I make it every year, some for us and some to give as a present to friends and relatives.
This liquor has the great advantage of being ready to drink, no need to wait for weeks or months so you can do it last minute.
It’s great cold but try to warm it up and maybe to pour it on some sweets like apple pie.
Today is the first day of a long domestic week end, my son Lorenzo is at his “faraway grandparents’ ” and before returning home from there I stopped at my friend’s house overnight.
This morning I paid a visit to Babbi factory outlet to buy some sweet sweet presents at great price and I bought a jar of Biscokrok for me ( chocolate cream with crunchy biscuits crumbles).
It could be wonderful but I felt sick the whole day, headache and stomachache, I hope I’m going to feel better soon because I’ve planned a lot to do in these days from cleaning to cooking and photo shooting.
Cross your fingers for me!
Let’s come to the recipe, I’m so happy and proud to share it with you!
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 28 oz sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup alchool
- 1 cup sweet rum good quality
- 1/2 vanilla pod seeds
- Boil the milk with half of the sugar gently stirring.
- Let the sugar dissolves completely then turn off the heat and let it warm.
- Mix egg yolks and the rest of the sugar in a bowl until they are fluffy.
- Add warm milk slowly mixing very well to avoid lumps.
- Filter the mixture with a strainer.
- Add vanilla seeds, alcohol and rum liquor, pour in bottles and seal them.
Store it in fridge, it will be as perfect as new for months.
You can use half rum half whisky.
With these ingredients you'll have about 1.3 gallons of eggnog liquor.