Welcome to day two of my Cookie Advent Calendar!
Today I want to post a very well known recipe, everyone loves crinkle cookies and you can find them all around the web for sure.
To me they say ” it’s Christmas time!” pretty loud!
This recipe comes from a very close friend of mine, Sara from Venice: we met years ago ( how many? I don’t remember but more than ten for sure!).
I want to thank her! <3
I quickly jump to the recipe as I have to write 46 more posts about cookies!! 😀
Chocolate crinkle cookies.
- 175 g all purpose flour
- 175 g dark chocolate
- 150 g sugar
- 55 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar to dust
- Beat eggs and sugar until light yellow.In a saucepan heat butter and dark chocolate, chopped in small pieces.Keep the fire very low and mix from time to time, pay attention not to burn it.
- Let the chocolate cool down a little then pour it slowly into the egg mixture, mixing well.
- Add now salt and the flour sifted with the baking powder.Knead until you have a smooth loaf.Cover with cling film and let it rest in fridge for at least two hours.
- Make small balls out of the dough then roll them into the icing sugar and put them on a lined baking tray.
- Bake at 340°F for 8-10 minutes.They will be very soft straight out of the oven, let them cool down before touching them.