Welcome to day 22 of the Cookie Advent Calendar!
Even if I started back in October to post I’ve lost my advantage because life and now it’s 21 Dec. and I am writing for tomorrow, nothing posted for the last three days of the calendar! 🙁
I have the whole family home and I cannot do anything on my own!
Here the recipe! 🙂
Coffee and chocolate cantucci ( Tuscan biscotti).
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g sugar
- 43 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 5 ml warm whole milk
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 85 g dark chocolate drops o gocce di cioccolato fondente
- 1/2 espresso cup marsala wine or vin santo ( sweet Tuscan wine)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Put in a bowl flour, sugar and baking powder.Add butter and mix with finger tips until crumbly.
- Add egg and yolk, mix, add the wine, then milk where you had to dissolve the instant coffee.
- Knead the dough until it's done then add chocolate drops and knead again.
- Form long cilinder, put them on a baking tray keeping distance between them.Bake at 170°C/ 340°F for about ten minutes, fan on, then remove from oven.
- Put them on a cold tray, then wait until cool and slice them transversely and put them again on the baking tray.
- Bake for 5 more minutes at 160°C/320°F and let them cool inside the oven ( turned off).
- They last weeks in a baking tin.