Welcome to day 7 of my Cookie Advent Calendar!
Today I want to share a very common but delicious recipe: thumbprint cookies.
They can be done with chocolate or not, using many different fillings ( melted chocolate, jam…) I have chosen dulce de leche because I love it so, so much!
This recipe comes from my friend Nensi, I have to thank her a lot!
Let’s jump to the recipe as I have to write so many more ( I am halfway with recipe making the moment I write, I have 10 more cookies to make!)
Chocolate thumbprint cookies with dulce de leche.
- 120 g all purpose flour 00
- 40 g Dutch cocoa
- 115 g butter
- 110 g sugar
- 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 pinch salt
- caster sugar to coat
- dulce de leche
- Beat soft butter with sugar until creamy, add yolk and cream, mix well.
- Add flour, cocoa and salt, all sifted.Mix well, you will end with a crumbly dough, press it with hands to keep it together.
- Take small pieces of dough, the size of a big walnut.Roll them between hands then roll them in caster sugar to coat.
- Put the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and press gently the centre of the cookie with the bottom of a wooden spoon or with your thumb.
- Bake at 350°F/ 175°C for 10-15 minutes then remove from oven.If the thumbprint is less evident press a little more with the wooden spoon while cookies are still hot.
- Let them cool completely before removing them from the tray and filling them with dulce de leche.
- Due to the filling these cookies have to be consumed in a couple of days.