Not dead, just on a stiff diet.
Sad enough I am eating fruit, veggies, yogurt and white meat since the end of lock- down so I had nothing to post on this blog!
I spent the last months trying to get back to the usual routine: work, summer camp for my son, his rugby practices ( no tackling, so basically nothing to have fun with according to children).
It’s hard to have thousand things to do, errands and more, after months when you did absolutely nothing.
Last sunday my sister came with his boyfriend for lunch.
I took the ride to cook a little after so long and I had a lot of fun!
We opted for a tex- mex lunch, I made my first chili, chicken fajitas, guacamole, my white flour wraps and the tres leches cake; I also made pico de gallo for the first time and I can say I am in love with it
This is so fresh, tasty and low cal!
Of course corn chips can ruin the low cal thing but who cares, when I eat, I eat!
Here you are the recipe, as you can see it’s really quick and easy!
Pico de gallo.
- 2 limes ( juice only)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 4 ripe but not too soft tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 jalapeno or serrano chili, no seeds, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- Mix well all the ingredients at least 30 minutes before serving to let the flavours mix.Store in fridge.I added a small amount of olive oil.