September is here.
Usually this is my fave month, I return from holidays packed with good intentions and energies.
This August we stayed at home, because the Covid and the work situations were so uncertain we decided not to move.
It has been a long month home and all I can say now it’s I’m glad I’m back to the usual routine.
I just hope the pandemic thing won’t affect work and school anymore but I am not optimistic about it!
I had, anyway, to give a try being more active in the things I love to do like blogging so, after a iatus, I’m back.
We didn’t stop the diet during the holiday at home so I hadn’t cook special dishes but I have few recipes in my archive and I want to restart from them!
You must jnow I have a crush for potato salad: my fave one is still the Bavarian potato salad but this one is also a very nice addiction to a meal!
It’s creamy and full of flavour.
Here you are the recipe!
Texas potato salad.
- 2 pounds cleaned and diced in cubes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 bunch fresh chopped dill
- 2 celery sticks finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion finely diced
- 3 tbs gherkins finely chopped
- 1 tbsp liquid from gherkins
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender but not too soft.Drain them, put them in a big bowl, add the vinegar and mix gently.
- Let them cool for about 20 minutes, in a cup mix mayo, mustard, chopped dill, add celery, gherkins and the red onion.
- Pour the seasoning over the potatoes, mix gently and cover the bowl with cling film.Store in fridge until you serve, at least one hour.