Back on my pages with a new post!
This nothing_to_do saturday is the right moment to drop few lines; hubby is playing with Lorenzo Call of Duty and I am typing as faster as I can to share with you this recipe. 🙂
We got some adsl issues lately and we have to call internet assistence every now and then but we have not solved anything at the moment.
The sad reality is in Italy internet structures are inadeguate and not up to dated and we just have to wait for modernity to reach us. 🙁
Luckly I can post as I want to share this recipe as soon as possible because it’s perfect as Christmas gift.
These clusters are so easy to make you can do it with the help of your children, you can use gluten free flour and substitute peanuts with hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds or whatever you like.
Recipes comes from ” How to bake” from Paul Hollywood: after some delusional recipes from another book this one is confirmed as a great source of perfect recipes!
Please note you can always surf Amazon options to find cheaper but perfect version of the book among the used ones!
Let’s go to the recipe: please be careful as the clusters are so soft when hot…
And not so good to eat until they are completely cold so be patient!
Chocolate & peanut clusters.
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 170 g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 200 g peanuts toasted and chopped ( I used salted, it's up to you)
- 155 g raisins ( optional, I didn't used them)
- 40 g plain flour ( or gluten free if you need)
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder
- icing sugar for dusting
- Heat oven at 340°F, line 2 baking tray with baking parchment.
- Put 80 g of the chocolate in a heatproof pan with butter, golden syrup, sugar and vanilla.Put the pan over a bigger pan filled with hot water and let everything melt until smooth and shiny.
- Mix the remaining chopped choccolate with peanuts and raisins then sift in cocoa and flour.Add the melted chocolate and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Make little mounds of mixture over the baking tray keeping distanche between them.Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Clusters will be very soft out of the oven: let them cool completely before removing them.Store in an airtight container, dust with icing sugar before serving.