I’m here with a new recipe, it’s a classic of mine but I didn’t take picture of it ’till today: I had to do it on a rush for a forest themed food contest from an Italian blog runned by a lovely girl called Betulla ( Birch in English).
Unluckly everything about the contest is in Italian so I just translate this recipe for you, a chestnut cream‘s crème brûlée which is a perfect close even for a festive lunch/ dinner.
- 4 yolks
- 0.90 oz caster sugar
- 3.5 oz chestnut cream
- 5.30 oz whole milk
- 7 oz heavy cream
- 5 tabsp brown sugar
- Whisk yolks with sugar untill you have a fluffy, light yellow cream.
- In another bowl dissolve chestnut cream with milk and heavy cream.
- When done add yolk's mixture whisking untill you have no lumps.
- Pour into heatproof crème brûlée ramekins and bake at 250°F for about 35 minutes.
- Let the cream cool, you can store in fridge untill serving time.
- When it's time add on each ramekin a spoon of brown sugar and caramelize it with a brûlée burner or putting the bowls under hot oven's grill untill the sugar is gold.