Laying on the couch on a late sunday afternoon while hubby is attending a beer recipes’ lesson about how to develop them.
I’ve learnt that there is no theory or learning about beer without drinking ” samples” and without long chats exchanging points of view so I think he will return late LOL!
I was thinking what to post next as I’ve not started yet cooking new things, I think I will do it around my birthday, next week so I took from a very, very old archive these plum- cakes, made about one year and half ago.
They worth an immediate publication but I made them for a Facebook feature of a foodblogger group so I had to wait before putting it on my pages.
They are very good used as a bread for your soup, if you reduce the size they are a perfect finger food for your buffets.
Now I hurry up writing this and then I will surf some cookbooks to find ideas for my next cooking session; looking forward to it!!
Cumin and carrot plum- cakes.
- 100 g diced smoked bacon
- 2 carrots
- 5 eggs
- 120 g gouda cheese
- 1 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 10 ml fresh cream
- 80 g salted butter
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 1 bag baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven at 360°C.Grease with butter 4 plum- cake molds ( I used paper ones).
- Melt butter, set aside.Cook bacon in another pan adding no more fat.
- Wash, peel carrots then grate them finely.Chop gouda cheese in small dices.In a bowl beat eggs.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt then add eggs little by little mixing well.
- Add then, in this bowl, melted butter, fresh cream, carrots, bacon, cumin seeds and gouda.Mix and divide the batter into the molds.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, serve them warms.