The story of this dessert is long and tormented.
It was on my old blog, it has been linked from Expo World Recipes but on the new blog the page was missing untill today so many visitors come to see…Nothing.
This treat is so quick you can do it in minutes, it’s adaptable, elegant, I didn’t postet it before only because of lack of pictures.
Now it’s time to fix it, to shoot photos, to write again so who’s looking for this recipe can find it!
This creamy dessert is the result of a “I have nothing and I really want a treat” process happened years ago, when a big snow blocked us home for a whole week end.
I’ve been so satisfied about it I’ve made it many times changing ingredients: ricotta cheese and white chocolate pair well not only with coffee but also with orange, raspberries, anything slightly sour.
Try your own combinations and if you wish let me know here or on my Facebook page!
- 8,8 oz fresh ricotta cheese unsalted and sifted as sometimes abroad ricotta isn't exactly the same as in Italy
- 3,5 oz white chocolate
- icing sugar if needed
- 1/4 cup cold espresso
- 3/4 biscuits or graham crackers
- Melt the chocolate bain marie or using a microwave, be careful as white chocolate needs a low heat, max 96°F or it spoils.
- Beat ricotta cheese with a mixer adding melted chocolate little by little.
- Beat untill you have a smooth cream, no lumps; taste, it may need some extra icing sugar to reach the sweetness you like.
- If so beat again while adding sugar.
- Soak biscuits into cold espresso for a second, put them at the bottom of an espresso cup.
- Do it with all the cups.
- Put ricotta cream into a sac-a-poche and fill the cups.
Keep them refrigerated, decor with dutch cocoa and/ or chocolate coated coffee beans.