Would you like to know a new hobby I started in 2020?
Recipe exchange with my pen- friends.
Homey recipes, family recipes, handwritten or not they are all precious to me as much as they are for them.
Of course I send them my favourites too.
At the moment I make a couple of them and they both turned all great…
One is a cake I made for a site I collaborate with: it’s in Italian and I should really post it in English because it’s a real hit!
The second one is this cauliflower chowder from my friend Shaori from L.A.: keto ok, tasty as much as you cannot think a cauliflower can be.
At the moment I am forced at home with my husband and son ill.
You can figure out two sick men at home? Yes, I think you can…
Before preparing the dinner I really want to post this, so better be quick with the recipe then chicken broth with small pasta for all!
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 big cauliflower divided in florets
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp grated black pepper
- 1 tsp dry powder garlic
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbs lemonj juice
- smoked bacon diced for garnishing
- Cook bacon in a pan, set aside.
- In the same pan melt butter, sautee the minced onion and the garlic cloves.
- Sautee the florets, caramelize them a little then add stock, wine, black pepper, thyme and dry garlic.
- Bring to a boil then low fire, let it cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Blend the chowder with a blender until smooth, add cream lemon juice and cream cheese and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add now Parmesan, mix and serve with bacon cubes, pumpkin seeds, smoked paprika or what you prefer.