I stole 20 minutes from my daily schedule and I did these pumpkin pancakes.
Then I stole 30 more minutes to take pictures and luckly they are quite nice, this time I’m almost satisfied!
I had a salty recipe for these pancakes but I arrived at a sweet one because…
I had no extra salty ingredients to take pictures with.
Enough to change the plan and enough to feed my son with a sweet pile of pancakes for dinner.
I must say he didn’t complain.
Now my daily schedule is calling me back, I have busy weeks ahead, Christmas is coming and it should be the best moment to post into a food related blog with seasonal recipes but I don’t think I can face it!!
As usual I’m going to do my best, now enjoy my pumpkin pancakes! 🙂
Sweet pumpkin pancakes.
Sweet and puffy pumpkin pancakes.
Write a review
- 9 oz pumpkin peeled, roasted, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 5.30 oz flour
- 1.4 oz caster sugar
- 1 teasp. baking powder
- 1/2 teasp. ground ginger
- 1/2 teasp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 vanilla pod, seeds only
- oil or butter to grease the pan
- honey, any kind you like
- roasted hazelnuts
- Sift flour with spices and baking powder, in another bowl beat egg with sugar, add mashed pumkpin then milk.
- Now add the pumpkin mixture to the flour and beat well, avoid lumps.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small pan on fire, grease it with butter or oil.
- Pour a small amount of batter, let it widen then, when you see the first bubbles on top, add a little more batter in the center of the pancake.
- Wait few seconds and turn it upside down.
- This is the way to have chubby pancakes and not thin ones.
- Cook for another minute and do the same untill the batter ends.
- Cover with honey and sprinkle hazelnuts on top.
La Mora Romagnola https://www.lamoraromagnola.it/