After a long week- end In Rimini, where I’ ve also attended a beautiful ( and Covid safe) wedding, I’m back with a post.
Two in a month?
Whoho! I am working hard!!
I made this cheese cake so long ago I don’t even remember when but I definetely remember the silky texture and the wonderful taste!
Not a surprise as this recipe comes from one of the books of Martha Stewart and she never fails, right??
This is the book:
I loved it so much, I have this, the one about cookies, the one about cupcakes…
But I’m always on a diet and I cannot make all of them SOB, SOB!!
Here you are the recipe, indulge in this cheese cake and be happy! <3
Chocolate cheese cake by Martha Stewart.
- 5 oz finely ground chocolate biscuits
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3 tbsp unsweetened Dutch cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Combine together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up 1 inch on sides of a 9-inch pan. Bake about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300° F.
- Melt chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water or into the microwave, stirring, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Put cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on; mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mixing on low speed, add remaining cup sugar ilittle by little. Add salt, mix until combined. Add sour cream, cocoa, vanilla, and melted chocolate; mix until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing each until just combined (do not overmix). Pour cream cheese filling over crust.
- Bake until set but still wobbly in center, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on rack. Refrigerate, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight. Before unmolding, run a knife around edge of cake.