Another day another recipe!!
So easy when you have nothing more to do than cooking and posting!
I am trying some recipes I had in my bucket list for years, I am just a little bit lazy and the pics are taken in a rush.
I have also make some nice first courses but how can you take pics of a hot dish of pasta?
You have to eat it!!
Let’s speak of this beer banana bread: it’s the perfect recipe to get rid of overripe bananas and of that bottle of beer you will never drink because it doesn’t meet your taste.
Depending on the beer you choose you may need a little less sugar, just taste the batter to check, it’s not a problem as there are no raw eggs in it, it’s a perfect vegan treat by the way if you substitute butter with vegetable oil!
This loaf is great topped with some chocolate cream but it’s also good along your morning yoghurt!
Beer banana bread.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 overripe bananas
- 6 tbsp melted butter ( or 5 tbsp vegetable oil + 1 tbsp water)
- 12 oz bottled beer of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven at 400°F and grease a plum- cake pan.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, add walnuts, sugar, butter and vanilla extract then sift in flour and baking powder.
- Mix well then pour the beer, mix well and pour into the pan.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, wait until cold before removing from the pan.