It’s past midnight, I cannot sleep and I am hating it because I know tomorrow morning I am going to be broke.
I am an ” owl person”, I can stay up all night long and I sleep better the first morning hours but I usually manage to sleep around 11 p.m. because work/ son/ home duties crush me but not tonight.
I am trying to write a little, let’s see if I can get sleepy…
To tell you the truth I have already written the whole Italian post with recipe so I think no, I am not going to sleep anytime soon. 🙁
I try to take advantage of this situation giving you the first ice cream recipe of the blog.
I made some ice creams in the past, I have a small Lidl ice cream maker and I used it once or twice but I never posted anything because taking pictures of ice creams is painful.
This time I managed it so here you are the recipe! 🙂
Now I publish the post and return to bed…
Finger crossed please!
- 250 ml fresh milk cream
- 500 ml whole milk
- 200 g caster sugar
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
For the ice cream:
- Put the milk in a sauce pan with sugar and opened vanilla pod. Let it simmer until sugar is melted, let it cool and store it into the fridge.
- Whip the milk cream then add milk mixture in it, stirring slowly. At this time, if you have an ice maker, pour the mixture in it and let it go until the ice cream is done. Store into the freezer and mix it by hand or with the ice cream makerbefore serving it if you need. If you don't have an ice cream maker just pour everything in a bowl, store into the freezer and mix it every 30 minutes or so. It needs hours to get hard so don't worry if it's still soft after half a day. Just let it sit into the fridge and mix sometimes.
- Put sugar and butter in a sauce pan, let it cook until it has a gold- brown colour. Pay attention it turns black quickly! Add heavy cream stirring until the sauce thickens and cover the spoon.
- When the ice cream is ready serve it with caramel sauce on top. Don't use hot caramel sauce as the ice cream melts quickly on its own, just keep the sauce cold or room temperature.
[…] have served it with my fiordilatte ice- cream ( avoid the caram sauce as the cake is already very sweet) but you can also addo non- sweetened […]