- 150 g butter
- 140 g almond meal
- 3 yolks
- 50 g firmly packed brown sugar
- 70 g all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites
- 150 g natural cane sugar
- Heat the oven at 355°F Grease a 9 inches round cake pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then let it cold. In a bowl whisk together yolks and brown sugar, beat until frothy. Pour in the butter and whisk again then sift in the flour, the almond meal, salt and almond extract. Stir just enough to eliminate all the lumps.
- In another bowl beat egg whites, when fluffy add cane sugar, little by little, until you have a smoothy and shiny meringue. Fold in the meringue into the cake batter, then pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 30- 40 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven, let cool, then remove the cake from the pan.
- To prepare the caramel: bring milk cream and dark brown sugar to a boil then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 40 minutes. It is ready when it sticks to a spoon.
- Let the caramel cool a little but not too much or it will be to thick to be spread on the cake. Cover the cake with the caramel and decorate with lingonberries.