Welcome back on my blog!
Have you seen all the previous recipes from the Cookie Advent Calendar?
I got fat doing it so please enjoy it and gain a little fat too or I’ll feel lonely! 😛
These corn-flakes cookies, also called desert roses, are created, I think, to consume the last flakes at the bottom of the cereal box, often too crumbled to be good soaked in milk!
Even if created to consume leftover they are great even if a little bit old fashioned!
Corn-flakes leftover cookies, also called desert roses.
- 200 g plain flour
- 50 g potato starch
- 150 g sugar
- 180 g soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag baking powder
- 100 g raisins
- corn-flakes (plain, not sugared)
- Soak raisins in warm water or rhum if you like.
- Beat sugar and butter until fluffy, then add une egg at time and mix well.Add now the two flours sifted with baking powder and mix well again, then add sultanas, knead gently and wrap in cling film.Let it rest for about one hour.
- Take small pieces of dough ( a big walnut size) and make balls out of them, then roll the balls into corn-flakes and put them on a lined baking tray.Keep distance between them.
- Bake at 180°C/ 360°F for 10-15 minutes.When completely cool put them into a tin box, they will last about 15 days.