- 500 g strong white bread flour
- 10 g salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 10 g instant yeast
- 30 g soft butter
- 320 ml cold water
- vegetable oil for the pan
- Put flour in a bowl with salt and sugar and yeast. Give a quick stir then add butter and three- quarters of the water. Mix and continue adding water until you have a soft but not soggy dough.
- Knead the dough for 5- 10 minutes, do not add too much flour for dusting. Put the dough into a bowl, cover and let it rise until it doubles ( up to 3 hours).
- Dust the work surface, tip the dough onto it and fold it many times, until all the air is knocked out. Divide in 60 g pieces.
- Take the pieces you are not rolling covered with cling film. Roll each piece into a boll then spread it with a rollpin ( they are a little bit hard to spread, the dough tries to " come back" but it's normal).
- Heat a pan on fire and grease it with some oil; put one dough round in the pan and fry for 2 minutes. Flip the bread and cook the other side for 1 minute. Stack them one on another.