- 4,2 pint whole fresh milk
- 6,3 oz caster sugar
- 8 fresh egg yolks
- 5 oz caster sugar to caramelize the pudding mould
- 1/2 vanilla pods seeds only
- Mix milk with 3 oz of the 6,3 oz sugar, put in a pan with vanilla seeds and bring to a boil. Let it simmer until reduced in half .
- In another pan put 5 oz sugar with a couple tablespoons of water. Put on fire until caramelized, pay attention not to burn it. Cover the mould you'll use to bake the milk pudding with caramel.
- Beat yolks with the sugar left, add the sweetened milk only when it's cold. Pass the liquid through a sieve to get rid of all the lumps. Put now milk in the mould and put the mould into a baking pot where it can be covered half the height with water.
- Bake at 390°F covered with a tin foil. It's hard to give a cooking time, it's ready when a toothpick, inserted, comes out clean.