- 17,60 oz all purpose flour
- 1/2 tabsp. fine salt
- 3,50 oz. lard or a light oil
- 1 cup milk or water maybe a little bit more but less than 1 and 1/4
- 1 teasp. honey or sugar
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 5.3 sourdough excess OR a sachet instant yeast
- If you use sourdough melt it in water/milk and honey/ sugar very well (I use a blender but you can also use a fork).
- If you use yeast just sift it with flour.
- Knead all the ingredients untill you have a smooth loaf, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for about 4 hours.
- Form small balls (about 5,3 oz.) with dough, cover them and let them rest outside the fridge for half an hour then spread each with a rollpin (the rounder the better).
- Cook one piadina at time on an already hot skillet, 2-3 minutes each side.
- Keep an eye on it because they burn in a second!
Eat hot with ham, salami, cottage cheese, vegetables or chocolate cream 🙂