- 500 g black eyed peas ( this is the cooked weight, so consider about 350 g dry beans)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander ( or parsley if you don't like coriander)
- 70 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tabsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chili, minced (no seeds)
- 2 ripe but hard tomatoes in small cubes
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper in small cubes
- 1/2 red onion in small cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak beans in cold water for at least some hours ( I did it for 4 hours). Cook them followinf the box's instructions, I used pressure pot, no salt, for about 30 minutes. Drain well the beans, let them cool then store in fridge.
- In a bowl mix chopped coriander, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chili and a teaspoon of salt. Add oil, mix and set aside.
- In a big bowl mix beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion. Season them with the oil mixture and let it rest in fridge for at least 4 hours ( overnight is better).