- 23.6 oz strong flour high in protein like manitoba flour we usually use for bread
- 12.6 oz milk
- 4.5 oz butter softened
- 2.3 oz powdered milk (the one for cooking not the baby formula :D)
- 1.1 oz caster sugar
- 1.1 oz fresh brewer's yeast
- 0.4 oz salt
- Melt yeast into part of the milk ( I use a blender) let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- I suggest to melt also the powdered milk as mine was more in flakes than in powder and they wouldn not melt easily into the dough.
- Add to this liquid all the other ingredients and knead untill you have an elastic dough.
- Put it in a bowl covered with cling film and store for 12 hours in fridge.
- Take the dough, make a rectangle with a rollpin tall about 0.15 inch and cut circles of about 2 inches diameter.
- Let them rest untill double then brush with some egg, beated.
- Bake at 390°F for 5-6 minutes.
For my convenience I don't spread dough with a rollpin but roll small loaves of about 0.4 oz.