- 8,80 oz. white plain flour
- 8,80 oz. wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 13,5 oz. buttermilk
- Heat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Mix flours, salt and soda then pour the buttermilk as much as needed.
- Work quickly as the reaction buttermilk/soda is fast.
- Form a loaf on a lightly floured surface then put it on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake for 30 minutes or untill the loaf is golden brown and sound hollow on the base if tapped.
It won't stay soft for long but you can toast it.