- 200 gr desiccated fava beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 3 tabsp olive oil
- 1 teasp tabasco sauce
- 1 tabsp minced parsley
- q.b fresh chili or chili flakes
- q.b. kosher salt
- Soak fava beans for at least 12 hours, changing water until it stays clear. After this time put fava beans in a pan with water, bring it to a boil and cook for 30 minutes. After that, if needed, peel of the cuticle from beans.
- In a large skillet sautee chopped onion with garlic and olive oil. Add fava beans and water enough, little by little, to cook for about 1 hour without burning or getting all too dry.
- Puree the beans with a blender, add parsley, spices and the right amount of salt. Serve with fresh vegetables as carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes or toasted bread and breadsticks.