- Wash eggplants, with a toothpick make some holes on each one and bake them at 360°F untill you can easily
- insert a toothpick inside.
- Carefully peel each eggplant and, with the help of a spoon, put the pulp into a pan with oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook untill water in excess dry out, let it cool for a while then add egg, minced basil and marjoram and cheese.
- Add now breadcrumbs untill you have a mixture that stick together and form patties, the size of a mini burger.
- Dust them in flour and bake at 400°F on a greased pan for about 20 minutes.
You can deep fry them but of course you can call them "light" then! You can serve them hot or warm with a good tomato sauce.