- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 125 ml water
- 1 bag dry active yeast
- 25 gr lard ( or vegetable oil)
- 6 gr kosher salt
- enough olive oil
- enough tomato paste
- enough dry oreganon
- Put in a bowl flour, yeast and water. Knead by hand or with a mixer. After a couple of minutes add yeast, knead again for about 10 minutes, you must end with a smooth loaf.
- Let it rest covered for about one hour or until it doubles. Using a rollpin or a pasta maker spread your dough very thin, use some flour if it sticks. You can make a single big spread then cut it in irregoular shapes or spread single small pieces.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil ( do not use baking sheets for this recipe!), put streghe on the tray, pin them with a fork to avoid bubbles then brush them with some tomato paste mixed with olive oil ( and a pinch of salt if needed).
- Sprinkle streghe with dry oreganon then bake in already hot oven at 430°F for about 8- 10 minutes. Watch them closely because they can burn in seconds.
- You can store them in an airtight box for days.