- 500 gr strong flour
- 6 gr fresh yeast
- 300 ml water
- 50 gr lard or butter for the dough
- 12 gr kosher salt
- 100 gr diced cooked ham
- 100 gr diced Italian salame
- 100 gr diced pork rinds/ cracklings
- 200 gr diced provolone cheese or any other hard but meltable cheese
- 100 gr grated Parmesan
- 200 gr lard to grease the dough
- black pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- Mix yeast with part of the water, let it rest ten minutes.
- Knead flour, lard, salt, yeast and all the water until you have a smooth dough ball, let it rises until it double
- Spread the dough with a rollpin, rectangle shaped. Brush with lard, sprinkle parmesan and black pepper, then fold the dough putting one side over the other. Let it rest 15 minutes then rotate the dough of 90°, spread it again, sprinkle and fold. Wait 15 minutes rotate 90° again, sprinkle, fold and then spread the last time, rectangle shaped again, keeping a small ball of dough to fix the hard boiled eggs.
- Put all the diced cold cuts and cheese over the dough then roll it on the long side. Put it into a ring shaped mold and let it rise for about two hours.
- Put in hot oven at 360°F fr about an hour or until it's gold and ready.