- 10 oz sheep's ricotta
- 10 oz cow's ricotta ( 20 oz cow's ricotta if you can't find sheep, if so use 2 eggs and not 1).
- 17 oz fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 oz all purpose flour (plus some for coating)
- 1 big egg
- 2 oz grated Parmesan
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 oz butter
- 6 leaves sage
- Wash, rinse and cook spinach for few minutes in a pan. Drain them very well and chop roughly.
- In a bowl mix ricotta, flour, salt, nutmeg and egg(s), add spinach and mix well.
- With slightly wet hands take a small amount of dough, roll it into the shape of a small sausage. Do it with all the dough then roll the gnudi into the flour.
- Bring a big pan of water with salt to the boiling point, put in some gnudi at time, when they float drain them and put into a baking tray.
- When you have all your gnudi on the baking tray melt butter with sage and cover gnudi with it and grated parmesan, bake at 360°F for 25-30 minutes or until Parmesan is gold and crispy. Serve hot.