- 17.5 oz all purpose flour
- 7 oz creamy blue cheese
- 1 oz fresh yeast ( 1 teasp dry one)
- 5 oz lukewarm water
- 1.7 oz pig lard ( you can use all butter)
- 1.7 oz butter
- 2 teasp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- Melt yeast into lukewarm water, knead all the ingredients except egg and form a smooth loaf.
- Let the loaf rise in a bowl, covered with cling film, for about one hour.
- Spread the dough with a rollpin, about 1/2 inch tall. Cut rectangles, the size you like ( small are ok as finger food, bigger can be cut in half and stuffed like a sandwich; if you prefer you can bake it as a single, big focaccia), brush with beaten egg and let them rise again into the baking tin covered with a cloth for about 30- 40 minutes.
- They will not rise a lot, it's ok. Bake at 356°F for 20-30 minutes, they have to reach a gold colour but pay attention as they can turn black quite quickly.