- 1 pound clams with shell
- 1 pound mussels with shell
- 8 mantis shrimps
- 1 cuttlefish
- 7 oz redfish meat
- 10 oz monktail meat
- shrimps, small crabs, small squid... depending on what the market offers.
- 1 glass olive oil
- 1 glass white wine vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- to taste fresh chopped parsley
- to taste salt and black pepper ( or chili)
- Put clams and mussels in big bowls covered with salted cold water. Let them rest for few hours.
- In a large, short pan (if earthware is perfection) sautee oil with minced onion and garlic. Add chopped squid, cook with a lid on medium fire for 15 minutes.
- Add vinegar, let it evaporate for a couple of minutes then add tomato sauce; bring it to a boil then add monktail, redfish, cook for ten minutes and add mantis shrimps and all the seafood except clams and mussels.
- Cook with a lid on on gentle fire for about 40 minutes, add some water if it gets too thick.
- Almost at the end add clams and mussels and parsley, mix well, cover with a lid until they open. Adjust salt and pepper ( I use a sprinkle of chili flakes) and serve with thick bread slices, toasted.