- 63 oz rennets or other sweet apples
- 3.5 oz sugar
- 1/2 teasp kosher salt
- 1/2 teasp grounded cinnamon
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1 inch peeled and grated ginger
- 5-6 crushed pods cardamom
- Trim and peel apples, chop them in pieces and put in a pan with sugar and lemon.
- Put on low fire, if needed add a little water, then add salt and spices. Bring to a boil and cook untill apples are creamy.
- If you want a smooth sauce take off cardamom pods and use a blender.
- Put the hot sauce in sterilized jars and close them not too tight. Put them in a big pan, cover with water, bring water to a boil and boil untill capsule in the centre of the lids drops.
- Let the jars cool into the water then store up to 6 months.