- 9 oz bread flour
- 4.5 oz refreshed sourdough
- 5 oz lukewarm water
- 104 oz butter
- 3.5 oz grated pecorino cheese
- 1 teasp freshly grounded black pepper
- 1 teasp salt
- 1 teasp honey
- milk to brush buns
- Blend with a mixer water, sourdough and honey. I Always blend sourdough as it gives better rising results
- Mix by hand or with a kitchen appliance flour, sourdough, soften butter, cheese and black pepper. Mix for a couple of minutes then add salt and knead untill you have a smooth loaf.
- Let it rise untill it doubles covered in a warm place. Reduce dough and make about 10 small buns, about 2.5 oz each. Put them on a baking tray and let them rise untill they double.
- Heat oven at 428°F, put a pan filled with water inside the oven to produce steam. Brush buns with milk then bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat at 374°F and bake for 15- 20 minutes more.